Foundation Certificate in Business Coaching
ILM Endorsed Award
For the ILM endorsement you will be required to write a Coaching in the workplace individual knowledge assessment (which should take about 15 min to complete) at the end of day 2.
By the end of the programme delegates will be able to:
- Understand away from and towards motivation, and be able to ask coaching questions to the individual's preference.
- Understand how to build real confidence in others by applying specific coaching questions that build internal representation systems.
- Understand the benefits of using a Smart Coaching Management Style.
- Apply practical coaching skills in everyday work situations to increase performance and make communication easier.
- Demonstrate their new learning's by way of a theory test on coaching in the workplace.
- Complete an Action Step Personal Development Plan of key skills they need to work on as a developing coach.
You Will Learn:
- Exploding the myths surrounding coaching.
- The core beliefs of coaching.
- How to avoid everyday interference that takes your time away from coaching people to achieve results.
- How motivation works.
- The difference between mentoring, coaching, directing, supporting and delegating. Learning when it is necessary to apply them.
- Why coaching is an action orientated partnership purely focused on measurable results.
- The Business Coaching Toolkit.
- How to manage a coaching session.
- The most important skills of a Business Coach
- The key characteristics of a good coach.
- How to ask powerful coaching questions.
- Opportunity to role-play using the STAR model.
Putting Learning Into Practice
- The key strategies of coaching a low performing team and getting them to raise their game.
- Building a bank of great coaching questions.
- Demonstration of what has been taught in a live coaching meeting.
- Delegates to role-play using new coaching techniques they have learnt. (STAR model)
- Individual feedback from a professional coach.
- Getting started as a work coach.
- Group review and feedback on new learnings.
- Action steps for new coaches.
Scheduled Open Courses
Unfortunately this course is not one that is currently scheduled as an open course, and is only available on an in-house basis. If you would like to discuss how we can tailor this course for you and/or run it at your premises, please call us on 0844 800 3295 or contact us online with a brief description of your training requirements and we will get back to you.