CITB Health & Safety Awareness Course
This course is for those who have entered, or are about to enter, the construction and civil engineering industry as a member of the workforce to help them understand the potential hazards that they face at work on site. It aims to provide a practical summary of health and safety, welfare and environmental health and safety issues.
The course also allows delegates to identify their individual responsibilities for looking after themselves and others, what the employer's duties are and what should be done if they think anyone's health and safety is being put at risk.
After completing the Health and Safety Awareness course, delegates should be able to:
- Know why they are carrying out their identified health and safety duties
- Understand what is expected of them
- Ensure that they contribute to the safety of the workplace
- Understand the need to prevent site accidents
- Have an understanding of health and safety law
- Identify how their role fits into the control and management of the site
- Understand the need for a risk assessment and method statements
- Appreciate the need to perform safely and to stop and ask for advice if not sure
- Feel obliged to report unsafe acts to prevent an accident
Our health and safety trainers and course tutors are qualified and experienced professionals with a background in construction site safety and health.
All of our health and safety training consultants hold professional membership of the chartered Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH), a training qualification and are registered CITB trainers.
Frequently Asked Questions
During the course projects are undertaken in groups and delegates are constantly assessed by the tutor. At the conclusion of the course, delegates are required to undertake a short multiple choice assessment.
Those who successfully complete the assessment are awarded the CITB Health and Safety Awareness Certificate.
Each delegate will be issued with the official CITB workbook and supporting material to assist them both during and after the Health and Safety Awareness course which will contain information, guidance and forms to assist workers.
The Health and Safety Awareness course is designed to be interactive, allowing delegates the opportunity to develop their skills and knowledge with the support of the course tutor.
Scheduled Open Courses
Unfortunately this course is not currently scheduled as an open course.