The Site Management Safety Training Scheme (SMSTS) is one of the most popular health and safety training courses, and is intended for construction site managers, project managers and senior supervisors, as well as proprietors of smaller companies. Client-based personnel would also benefit from attending the SMSTS course.
SMSTS Course Syllabus and Objectives
After completing the SMSTS course, delegates should:
- Manage health and safety on a construction site in accordance with the current legal provisions, and within the context of their management or supervisory roles
- Have an understanding of their responsibilities and accountability for construction site health and safety and the welfare of workers
- Recognise that a safe construction site is efficient, economical and productive
Key Topics Include:
- Identification of on-site hazards (COSHH / Working at Height etc.)
- Duties under The Construction (Design and Management) Regulations (CDM) 2015
- Duties under The Health and Safety at Work etc. Act 1974
- Construction site safety monitoring
All SMSTS course tutors are qualified and experienced health and safety training professionals with an appropriate background in construction site health and safety.
All tutors hold professional membership of the chartered Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH).
The courses are run in a manner which keeps those attended interested and engaged throughout the session, so that information is absorbed and retained for the multiple choice assessment at the end of the training.
Frequently Asked Questions
How is this course assessed?
During the SMSTS course, projects are undertaken in groups and constantly assessed by the course tutor. At the conclusion of the course, delegates are required to undertake a short multiple choice assessment.
Those who successfully complete the projects and assessment are awarded the CITB Site Management Safety Training Scheme (SMSTS) Certificate.
What course material is provided?
Each delegate will be issued with SMSTS textbooks to take away and keep, which will assist them both during and after the course and will contain information, guidance and forms to assist managers. The course is designed to be interactive, allowing delegates the opportunity to develop their skills with the support of the course tutor.
Scheduled Open Courses
There are no hidden extras to pay on top of our course prices, unlike other providers who charge extra for things like study books. Our SMSTS courses have the following included in the course cost:
- SMSTS Workbook to Take Away and Keep
- CITB Exam Fees
- CITB Certificate Fees
- Lunchtime Buffet
- Refreshments Throughout The Day
All online payments are securely encrypted and processed through PayPal™ meaning we never see your card details. You do not need a PayPal account to make payment by card.
Price: £595.00 + vat
|Course Date||Availability?||Book Online|
|20-24 January 2020||Places Available||Book Now|
|27 Apr - 01 May 2020||Places Available||Book Now|
|19-23 October 2020||Places Available||Book Now|
|Course Date||Book Online|
|20-24 Jan 2020||Book Now|
|27 Apr - 01 May 2020||Book Now|
|19-23 Oct 2020||Book Now|