Site Supervisor SSSTS Courses
The Site Supervisors' Safety Training Scheme (SSSTS) course is intended for those who have, or are about to acquire, supervisory responsibilities on a construction site.
After completing the SSSTS course, delegates should:
- Understand the health, safety, welfare and environmental issues relevant to their work
- Understand their legal responsibilities relevant to their work activities
- Safely supervise construction site activities
Key topics of the SSSTS course include:
- The Health and Safety at Work etc. Act 1974 and other relevant regulations
- Specific construction site issues including COSHH and Working at Height
- Tool Box talks
- Control of subcontractors
- Health-related issues
Our SSSTS course tutors are qualified and experienced health and safety professionals with an appropriate background in construction site health and safety, and experience in delivering engaging health and safety training.
All tutors hold professional membership of the chartered Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH).
Frequently Asked Questions
During the SSSTS course, projects are undertaken in groups and constantly assessed by the course tutor. At the conclusion of the course, delegates are required to undertake a short multiple choice assessment.
Those who successfully complete the projects and assessment are awarded the ConstructionSkills Site Supervisors' Safety Training Scheme (SSSTS) Certificate.
Each delegate will be issued with a SSSTS textbook and materials to take away and keep, which will assist them both during and after the course and will contain information, guidance and forms to assist site supervisors. The course is designed to be interactive, allowing delegates the opportunity to develop their skills with the support of the course tutor.
Scheduled Open Courses
Unfortunately this course is not currently scheduled as an open course.