- Home ››
- Health and Safety Training ››
- IOSH Courses ›› IOSH Safety for Executives and Directors Course
IOSH Safety for Executives and Directors
The IOSH Safety for Executives and Directors course is approved by the Institution of Occupational Safety & Health (IOSH) and is intended for those who have overall operational or strategic accountability for an organisation, responsibility for determining and implementing effective safety and health management, and monitoring its success.
The IOSH Safety for Executives and Directors course is valid for directors, executive officers and senior managers across all sectors and industries. This course is intended for all organisations and replaces the IOSH Safety for Senior Executives and IOSH Directing Safely courses as of August 2016.
Completing the IOSH Safety for Executives and Directors course will enable you to:
- Explain the importance of safety and health at top management level
- Illustrate how to plan the direction for safety and health through, developing and implementing a safety and health policy
- Explain the value of an efficient safety and health management system
- Explain the positive impact of health and safety culture through effective leadership
- Describe the importance of setting key performance indicators and targets
Key Topics Include:
- The moral, legal and financial case for effective health and safety management
- Plan, Do, Check, Act model (HSG65)
Frequently Asked Questions
At the conclusion of the course delegates are required to undertake a 30 minute written assessment based on the course content.
Delegates who successfully complete this assessment at the end of the course are awarded the IOSH Certificate in Safety for Executives and Directors.
Each delegate will be issued with a workbook to assist them both during and after the course which will contain information, guidance and forms to assist directors and executives. The course is designed to be interactive, allowing delegates the opportunity to develop their skills with the support of the course tutor.
Scheduled Open Courses
Unfortunately the IOSH Safety For Executives and Directors course is not currently scheduled as an open course.
If you have a need for this course please call us on 0844 800 3295 or contact us online as we may be able to schedule one for you, or run it in-house.