Not many organisations have the time to sit down and have a formal one-to-one coaching conversation. Not all people want, or have the time, to gain formal qualifications over a protracted period of time.
This one day course will allow managers and team leaders alike to gain proficiency in a method of speed coaching that allows those who coach and those who want / need coaching to experience it while literally on the move. This interactive one day course will help delegates understand the power of speed coaching. The simple methods clearly defined will allow anyone to coach in a fast moving commercial environment, bringing similar results as many formal coaching methods can.
Background and Principles Underpinning Fast Coaching
- What is effective coaching?
- Creating individual and team excellence
- Recognising the need for objectivity in your communication
- Johari's Window - coaching blind spots
Language Patterns and How to Use Them With Skill
- Influencing versus manipulation
- Clarity and the importance of being specific in communication
- Removing your filters to aid quicker and more accurate conversations
Effective Communication Skills
- The foundation of speed coaching questions
- Active listening
- Solution based thinking / reframing
- Using positive language
- Practical sessions / Real play
- Non-verbal communication / environmental / ecology
Action Planning and Follow-ups
- How to create a coaching action plan
- Adapting your new skills to individuals and teams
- Contracting with individuals, team and self
- Creating a coaching culture
Who is it For?
Anyone who would like to enter the world of coaching for the first time, or a new tool for team leaders and managers that wish to add to their existing coaching tool kit. It is also incredibly helpful for anyone who wants to "test the advantages" of coaching before any lengthier formal qualifications such as the ILM Level 5 Certificate in Coaching and Mentoring.
What are the Main Benefits of Coaching?
Coaching has gained professional and commercial recognition as one of the most cost effective tools that any organisation can use. Figures from the CIPD clearly indicate the advantages, some are as follows...
- 9 out of 10 organisations use coaching as a necessary line manager skill
- 2 out of 3 organisations use external coaching (you could save on costs)
- 84% regard coaching by line managers as effective or very effective
- 92% judge coaching by external professionals to be effective
What Drives the Current Popularity of Coaching?
- Increased productivity
- Lower staff churn
- Lower training costs (backfilling and up-skilling)
- Driving business goals and supporting change
- Team development
- Performance management
- Building high performing teams
Those points mentioned in the list above are the most talked about but we are sure that coaching/communication skills, if improved, could result in advantages across the whole organisation.
The TOP TEN results from CIPD studies as to the positive impact of manager coaching;
- Changes the culture or helps to embed a coaching culture
- Improved management skills and capability
- Behaviour change in the coaches
- Benefits for the coachees as a result of receiving coaching
- Greater employee engagement and commitment
- Improvements to business indicators or results
- Savings in HR time/costs
- Achievement of external awards and recognition
- Unexpected spin-offs
- Accelerated talent development
What Will I Learn?
By the end of the course participants will learn about:
- The background and philosophy of speed coaching
- How to "Engineer Excellence" within teams
- Objectivity in your communication
- Clarity of language in conversations
- The advantages and risks of personal "filters"
- The foundations of an effective coaching question set
- Solution based thinking
- Positive outcomes and reframes (Towards thinking not away from)
- Creating a coaching action plan in under 5 minutes!
- Individual and team based coaching
- Practical sessions
- Contracting with others...pinning down
Because this is our own course, it means that the course syllabus is flexible and can be tailored to your specific requirements and industry.
If you would like to discuss how we can tailor this coaching course for you and/or run it at your premises, please call us on 0844 800 3295 or submit a brief description of your training requirements through an online contact form and we will get back to you.
Scheduled Open Courses
Unfortunately this course is not one that is currently scheduled as an open course, and is only available on an in-house or 1-2-1 basis. If you would like to discuss how we can tailor this course for you and/or run it at your premises, please call us on 0844 800 3295 or contact us online with a brief description of your training requirements and we will get back to you.