ILM Level 7 Qualifications in Executive Coaching and Mentoring
The ILM Level 7 Qualifications in Executive Coaching and Mentoring are designed for senior leaders/managers (or those working in a training and development role) who are regularly coaching or mentoring at a senior level.
It is for those executive coaches who wish to accredit, validate or enhance their skills with an internationally-recognised executive coaching qualification.
In addition to the classroom days with our experienced tutors, this accredited program will require you to do self-directed learning and 3 work based assignments post class. This is estimated at 3 hours per week for 12 months, depending upon each individual's pace of working. The good news is we offer tutor support, at no additional cost, to individuals on this assignment and self-directed learning journey.
What Will I Learn?
The qualification is made up of three mandatory units which enable participants to develop their understanding of this level of coaching and mentoring, and to develop the coaching skills necessary to assist their employees, team members or clients.
In the first unit, participants critically review the role and contribution of coaching and mentoring to individuals and organisations.
During the second unit participants plan, deliver and review at least 20 hours of leadership mentoring or executive coaching.
In the final unit, participants critically review their own ability to perform effectively as a leadership mentor or executive coach, and engage in peer mentoring to seek feedback and advice on individual performance.
What Will This ILM Level 7 Course Give Me?
By the end of the ILM Level 7 Certificate in Executive Coaching and Leadership Mentoring programme, participants will be able to:
- Understand the theories of coaching and mentoring, as well as evaluate the contribution of leadership mentoring and executive coaching in developing leadership performance
- Critically review the necessary conditions for leadership mentoring and executive coaching to develop effective leadership practice
- Critically review their own abilities to perform effectively as a leadership mentor or executive coach
- Understand how the client's personal characteristics and organisational context affects their own performance as a leadership mentor or executive coach
- Agree a contract for leadership mentoring or executive coaching
- Use peer mentoring and reflective learning to develop as an effective leadership mentor or executive coach, and review own leadership mentoring or executive coaching practice to inform own development
Evaluating self as an executive coach and mentor
- 1.1) Your own coaching and mentoring personal brand profile evaluated
- 1.2) Effects of personal characteristics within the business environment (exploring Emotional Intelligence, Paradigm MQ, Paradigm Trait Map™, 360 assessments and interview etc.)
- 1.3) Ethics explored within coaching, mentoring and business
Communicating and Influencing Business Impact for Coaching and Mentoring Explored
- 2.1) Effective expectation management and communicating model introduced
- 2.2) Influencing sphere and currency explored
- 2.3) Influencing tips and techniques for coaching and mentoring applied
- 2.4) Introducing neuroscience for executive coaching and mentoring
Executive coaching and mentoring within the business landscape
- 3.1) Exploring coaching, mentoring and business policies & procedures
- 3.2) Leadership strategic thinking unpacked (leadership skills, change management, team development, understanding perspective)
- 3.3) The nature, purpose and impact of coaching and mentoring in business
- 3.4) Codes of combined practice within coaching, mentoring and your business defined
Initiating and nurturing effective coaching and mentoring relationships
- 4.1) Contracting with Stakeholders and Clients
- 4.2) Creating your own internal Coaching and Mentoring Pool
- 4.3) Create your own Definition for Coaching and Mentoring for your business
- 4.4) Introducing Coaching and Mentoring Supervision
Your coaching and mentoring practice customised
- 5.1) Deepen your questioning and exploration technique (anchor)
- 5.2) Shifting your thinking to coach and mentor more effectively
- 5.3) Plan, review and adapt your own coaching and mentoring practice
Post Programme Refresher and Application
- 6.1) Coaching and mentoring employees and becoming a leadership coach
- 6.2) Coaching and mentoring for your practice, supervision explored
- 6.3) Represent the current state of your coaching and mentoring practice at a strategic level
- 6.4) Individual coaching and mentoring at a strategic level, your objectives refined, including next steps, accountability and implementation
This is a fully accredited course certified by the Institute of Leadership and Management (ILM). Upon successful completion of this programme, all attendees will receive the 'ILM Endorsed Programme in Business Coaching and Mentoring in Management' certificate.
Those achieving the qualification will also be eligible to receive ILM letters after their name; either AMInstLM (Affiliate/Associate Member Institute Leadership & Management) or MInstLM (Member Institute Leadership & Management).
As with all ILM accredited programmes, participants will need to complete the post-programme activity in order to achieve their full ILM Level 7 Certificate in Executive Coaching and Leadership Mentoring certificate. These elements have been designed in order to show to the ILM that you are able to put the skills and techniques learned on the programme into practice. We offer full support and guidance in completing these final elements.
We ask you to come prepared with issues which you are currently experiencing that you would be happy to discuss and be coached on. We also send out a short document containing questions and exercises which will help our coaches understand you better and work with you in order to receive the best training.
As part of the investment you're making by signing up to this course, we're inviting you to complete our Paradigm Trait Map™ psychometric.
Paradigm is one of the most accessible and up-to-date psychometrics available on the market. Developed, tested refined and validated over an extensive period by HR professionals this is an excellent business tool. You will see how the use of psychometrics can benefit a coaching session and raise discussion topics which may not have been highlighted without the use of a forensic tool. Paradigm is based on 100 years of psychological research.
The Paradigm assessment reports were developed, tested, refined and validated over an extensive period. This will provide, what we believe, to be the most practical and purpose built psychometric report available in the market today.
To achieve this ILM qualification, participants will have to complete the following post-course activities:
3 x work-based assignments need to be completed within 1 year from attendance and registration. Embedded in the assignments, the Certificate will require delegates to complete 20 hours of coaching or mentoring activity with one or more clients. The Diploma will require delegates to complete 100 hours of coaching or mentoring with three or more clients.
Tutor Guided Learning will take on the format of book and video reviews with ongoing tutor guidance and support via phone, Skype, email or face-to-face where possible.
Optional: Self-initiated 2 x 45 min executive coaching sessions per delegate to offer a coaching best practice view.
Each participant will be issued with a workbook to assist them both during and after the course, which contains information, guidance and forms to assist with coaching sessions.
Participants will also complete a Paradigm psychometric report and receive a six month membership with the Institute of Leadership & Management (ILM).
To find out more about our Paradigm psychometric profilers, please click here.
What is the difference between the ILM Level 7 Certificate and the Diploma?
There are three mandatory units in this qualification, which you can take as either a Certificate or a Diploma level. The first unit, "Understanding the Context of Coaching and Mentoring in a Strategic Business Environment" aims to enable you to critically review the role and contribution of coaching and mentoring at a senior level. The second unit, "Reviewing Own Ability as a Management Coach or Mentor" will give you the tools and techniques to review and improve your own practise, and understand how the client's organisation culture and structure affects the coaching and mentoring relationship.
For the Certificate, the third unit requires you demonstrate your ability to plan, deliver and review at least 20 hours of coaching and mentoring in your workplace. For the Diploma, that is extended to 100 hours of coaching and mentoring, and there is an added focus on assessing your work against best practise standards and benchmarks.
Scheduled Open Courses
There are no hidden extras to pay on top of our health and safety training course prices, unlike other providers who charge extra for things like study books and exam fees. Our ILM Level 7 open courses have the following included in the course cost:
- Course Materials and Workbook
- ILM Project Fees
- ILM Certificate Fees
- Lunchtime Buffet
- Refreshments Throughout The Day
Nottingham5 Wheatcroft Business Park, Landmere Lane, Edwalton, Nottingham, NG12 4DG
All of our Nottingham courses are held at the same location as our head office. The comfortable training suites (which are situated on ground level, as well as the toilet facilities, making them wheelchair-friendly) are fully air conditioned with natural daylight. Plentiful all-day free car parking is also available.
Normal Price: £2,880.00 + vat
Online Booking Price: £2,592.00 + vatBook and pay online for a 10% immediate payment discount (£288.00) off the usual price of £2,880.00 + vat per person. All online payments are securely encrypted and processed through PayPal™ meaning we never see your card details. You do not need a PayPal account to make payment by card.
ReadingMedia First Ltd, Holybrook House, 63 Castle Street, Reading, RG1 7SN
Our Reading courses are located at our sister company, Media First Ltd. The training facilities are approximately 10 minutes walk from Reading station, and easily accessible from London. There is a multistorey public car park nearby for those coming by car (charges apply). Please note that unfortunately this training venue is not suitable for wheelchairs.