Coaching and Mentoring for Managers
The 2-day Coaching and Mentoring for Managers course is designed for organisations that want their managers and team leaders to apply practical coaching and mentoring skills in everyday work situations in order to develop the performance of those they are responsible for, as well as improving communication within the business.
Previous attendees have included chief executives, general managers, and HR managers, right through to production line supervisors, first line managers and office staff. In fact, anybody that has to work as part of a team and relies on other people's efforts will benefit from this business coaching programme.
Introduction to Coaching and Mentoring
- Exploding the myths surrounding coaching
- Benefits of coaching and mentoring
- The role of a coach and mentor
- How to avoid everyday interference that takes your time away from coaching people to achieve results
- How motivation works
- The difference between mentoring, coaching, directing, supporting & delegating, and learning when it is necessary to apply them
- Why coaching is an action orientated partnership purely focused on measurable results
- Coaching and mentoring outcomes
Managing a Coaching Session
- The most important skills of a business coach
- The key characteristics of a good coach
- How to ask powerful coaching questions
- Opportunity to role-play using the STAR/GROW model
Mentoring in Action
- Mentoring suggestions
- The first meeting
- Between first and second meetings
- The second meeting
- The Experiential learning cycle
- Model discussions
- Frequent questions asked by mentors
- Duration of mentoring
- End of relationships
Putting Learning into Practice
- Building a bank of great coaching questions
- Demonstration of what has been taught in a live coaching/mentoring meeting
- Individual feedback from a professional coach
- Creating SMART action plans
- Getting started as a work coach/mentor
- Group review and feedback on new learning
- Action steps for new coaches
Because this course is accredited by ourselves, it means that the course syllabus is flexible and can be tailored to your specific requirements and industry.
If you would like to discuss how we can tailor this coaching course for you and/or run it at your premises, please call us on 0844 800 3295 or submit a brief description of your training requirements through an online contact form and we will get back to you.
Unfortunately our Coaching and Mentoring for Managers course is not one that is currently scheduled as an open course, and is only available on an in-house basis.
If you would like to discuss how we can tailor this course for you and/or run it at your premises, please call us on 0844 800 3295 or contact us online with a brief description of your training requirements and we will get back to you.