COSHH Classroom Courses
COSHH risks to health are not just limited to specific industries. Although some, by the very nature of their work, may have more dangerous chemicals and hazardous substances on the premises than other companies, COSHH dangers are likely to be present in all workplaces to some extent.
Whilst our online COSHH course is very good, where health and safety training is involved it is always far better to have an actual course tutor there with you in the room, and is why we would always recommend that you attend a classroom COSHH training course whenever time and budgets allow.
We currently offer two COSHH classroom courses which are often scheduled as open courses, but also form a basis upon which we can design a bespoke COSHH training course for you and your employees.
COSHH Awareness Training
The COSHH Awareness course is a half day course aimed at people who deal with hazardous substances on a day to day basis. Delegates will be briefed on the importance of procedures, safe handling and risk assessment of hazardous substances within their organisation.
At the conclusion of the course, delegates will have a sound understanding of their personal and legal responsibilities for the control of chemical and hazardous substances.
The syllabus of the COSHH Awareness course covers relevant issues such as:
- COSHH regulations and principles
- Undertaking a suitable COSHH risk assessment and identifying controls
- The need for safe use and storage of hazardous substances (including PPE)
- Preparing and maintaining records (including Material Safety Data Sheets)
- Undertaking appropriate training
- Health surveillance
COSHH for Managers and Supervisors
This 1-day course is aimed at those people with responsibility for the health and safety of their employees and others who may be exposed to hazardous substances; basically supervisors and managers who will deal with chemical and harmful/hazardous substances (COSHH) as part of their responsibility.
The focus of this course will be on the management action required to ensure the safe use of COSHH substances.
The syllabus of the COSHH for Managers and Supervisors course covers relevant issues such as:
- The COSHH regulations and principles
- The ways in which hazardous substances can harm health and how they enter the body
- How to define and monitor exposure limits
- Conducting a COSHH risk assessment and implementing controls
- The importance and structure of Material Safety Data Sheets
- Practical control measures
- How to compile and maintain the necessary records