Effective Communication and Influencing
In order to be an effective manager, it is extremely important to have good communication skills so that you can get your instructions across clearly and in a manner which will get you the results you desire from your employees.
Our 2-day Effective Communication and Influencing course aims to provide attendees with a range of skills and behaviours which will allow them to communication clearly and effectively. Course syllabus modules include explaining the communication process, the different styles of influencing, the importance of body language and tone of voice, non-verbal communication and more.
This course is delivered as an in-house programme, and works best with a group size of 4-10 people. We work with you prior to delivering this interactive workshop, customising it to your working practices and specific communication and influencing requirements.
If you would like to discuss how we can tailor this course for you and/or run it at your premises, please call us on 0844 800 3295 or submit a brief description of your training requirements through an online contact form and we will get back to you.
The Communication Process
- Identifying, what is effective communication?
- Recognising the different ways in which we communicate
- The barriers to effective communication
- Looking at Johari's™ Window, to better understand how communication flows
Effective Communication Skills
- Demonstrating a positive mental attitude
- Establishing active listening
- Developing your questioning skills
- Using positive language
Different Types of Influencing
- Looking at influencing versus manipulation
- Developing your own preferred influencing style
- Understanding the different influencing styles and their uses
- adopting a flexible style for the desired outcome
Behaviour Breeds Bahaviour (Transactional Analysis)
- Looking at the history of hidden transactions in communications
- The hidden meaning in what we say and what we receive
- How to recognise if what you're saying is calm, rational, logical and professional
- Understanding the impact of body language in effective communication
- Noticing how your own body language influences others positively and negatively
- Analysing and practicing the techniques of successful body language
It's All in the Voice
- Learning the importance of tone of voice in effective communication
- Realising how your tone of voice influences others
- Understanding the pitfalls of opening a discussion
- Identifying the different types of written communication
- Recognising the importance of preparation and planning
- Looking at different structures and layouts of written communication
- Using the correct words and phrases