Effective Negotiation Skills Course
Negotiation is an everyday challenge for some whether it be in the office, field or at home. Have you ever walked away from a situation thinking "if I'd only put my thoughts, side, opinion or words across better"?
This 2-day course is perfect for managers, supervisors and sales people. It will focus on negotiation skills and the techniques that go with it. In this energy-charged provision you'll learn and practice negotiation, assertiveness and influencing techniques.
An Introduction to Negotiation
- Assessment of your current sales and negotiation strengths and improvement areas
- What is negotiation?
- Identifying objectives and all factors affecting negotiation
- The negotiation model - the four stages
The Preparation Stage
- The significance of preparation and why we need to prepare
- What do you need to prepare?
- Preparing a set of objectives: yours and theirs
- Understanding constants and variables
- Researching the other party
- Creating a "win-win" situation
- Preparing yourself for possible set-backs and objections
The Discussion Stage
- The importance of rapport building
- Opening the negotiation
- The power of effective questioning techniques
- Improving your listening skills
- Controlling emotions
- Spotting the signs - non-verbal communication and voice clues
The Proposing Stage
- Stating your opening position
- Responding to offers
- How to deal effectively with adjournments
The Bargaining and Closing Stage
- Making concessions - the techniques
- Adopting key bargaining skills
- Dealing with objections and underhand tactics
- Closing techniques
- Confirming the agreement
- Creating long term, lasting commitment
By the end of the course participants will be able to:
- Understand the importance of preparation and how to set about it
- Use a proven model to move through the stages of negotiation to work towards a win-win situation every time
- Understand the different styles of negotiating
- Establish both their and the other party's bargaining positions
- Effectively close and confirm the negotiation
- Negotiate confidently and successfully having practiced their negotiation techniques during the course
Unfortunately our Effective Negotiation Skills course is not one that is currently scheduled as an open course, and is only available on an in-house basis.
If you would like to discuss how we can tailor this course for you and/or run it at your premises, please call us on 0844 800 3295 or contact us online with a brief description of your training requirements and we will get back to you.